Humanities Core is offered as Humanities 1A/H1AS-1B/H1BS-1C/H1CS
This team-taught course introduces you to the Humanities while developing your writing skills as you explore various topics in literature, history, philosophy, and contemporary media around a unifying theme. Over the course of the year, you will read and explore a variety of texts, including books and articles, painting, architecture, and music. Along the way, you will also write essays and learn to use the library for research. Campuswide Honors students have the added benefit of attending honors seminar sections.
HUMAN 1A-1B-1C. Humanities Core Lecture. 4 Units Each.
Through a range of cultural traditions and an interdisciplinary approach to works of literature, history, philosophy, and contemporary media, students are introduced to the humanities.
HUMAN H1AS-H1BS-H1CS. Humanities Core Writing: Honors. 4 Units Each.
For Campuswide Honors students exploring the ideas presented in the companion lecture course and illustrated in the literary, historical, philosophical, and media works assigned.
- Who should enroll: All Campuswide Honors freshmxn
- CHC students of all majors are able to enroll in and succeed in this class
- Three quarter sequence
- Fall: Humanities 1A/H1AS
- Winter: Humanities 1B/H1BS
- Spring: Humanities 1C/H1CS
- 8 units each quarter
- Make sure to enroll in both parts of Honors Humanities Core: Lecture and a linked Seminar
- To learn more about the current courses offered please visit UCI Humanities Core.