Admission Requirements for Current UCI Students
Campuswide Honors is a highly selective academic program. Most students who are admitted to Honors have GPAs higher than the minimum of 3.5 required for consideration. In addition, we are looking for a demonstrated passion for learning, a willingness to explore and take risks, and academic excellence in a broad range of disciplines, not just in the area of one’s major. All applicants must have also completed the UC Entry Level Writing Requirement. We recommend that you apply after you have completed at least one quarter of Humanities Core or Writing 50 and 60 for a letter grade.
*For transfer students only, please click on the “For Transfer Students” tab to the left for your requirements.
What courses are continuing students required to take?
Before applying, please go to The Campuswide Honors Curriculum to read more about the honors curriculum and requirements.
Instructions for Completing the Application
- Please watch the video that corresponds to your status when you entered UCI:
- Campuswide Honors is an academic program. Before applying, please read the description of the Honors Core Courses and research and thesis process here and consider whether Honors is a good fit for your academic plans. If admitted, students must complete all required honors classes, in addition to research and thesis, and should expect to spend at least 5 quarters after admission completing these requirements.
- Access the online application form at https://tinyurl.com/CHonorsCApplication.
- Answer each question thoroughly, preferably in a paragraph-length response.
- Submit an applicant course plan to graduation along with your application, indicating how and when you propose to complete honors requirements as well as major requirements and General Education. For information about how to develop a course plan, please see Course Plan. A signature by a school advisor is not required on the preliminary course plan at this time.
- Attach a PDF of your course plan to the application and don’t forget to click to submit! Applications are due in winter quarter (date to be announced). Incoming community college transfer students also have the option to apply by August 1, prior to entering UCI.