Frequently Asked Questions for Transfer Student Applicants to UC Irvine

This information is for prospective transfer students (students transferring from community colleges or other colleges and universities). If you are a high school student, please click on FAQs for Prospective Freshmen for more information.

Do I need to apply to join Campuswide Honors?
It depends. Some entering transfer students are invited to Campuswide Honors as part of the UCI admissions process through a program called Honors to Honors. Honors to Honors is a partnership with a group of community colleges, where the community college honors director may nominate outstanding honors students applying to UCI for special consideration for selection for Campuswide Honors and for merit scholarships. A 3.7 GPA and successful completion of the community college honors program are required. Please contact your community college Honors Program Director if you have questions about being nominated for Honors to Honors. *Please note that Honors to Honors is not the same as TAG (Transfer Admissions Guarantee), offered through the UC Irvine Office of Admissions.

View our flyer for more information on Honors to Honors, including a list of participating community colleges.

All other transfer students are invited to apply to Campuswide Honors by Friday of week 2 of fall quarter using their community college grades, or after they have completed one quarter at UCI with 12 units taken for a grade. See the Prospective Transfers page for further information on the application process, deadlines, and the honors course requirements. To apply you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5. (Please note that students who are admitted to Campuswide Honors often have GPAs higher than the minimum required for consideration.)

How will I know if I am invited to join the Campuswide Honors?
For Honors to Honors transfer program applicants:
Transfer students applying to UC Irvine and who are eligible for the Honors to Honors program are considered for admission to the Campuswide Honors Program as part of the UC Irvine admissions process.  UC Irvine’s Office of Admissions will post admissions decisions for transfer students to the Applicant Portal. If you are invited to join the Campuswide Honors, this will be indicated in the right-hand column on your Applicant Portal. You will also receive an invitation letter from the honors office in the mail in the spring.

Does your program have scholarships?
At UC Irvine, merit scholarships (including the Regents’ Scholarship) and financial aid are handled by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.

Go back to the Campuswide Honors Prospective Students page