UCI offers a number of internship opportunities and programs. The Division of Career Pathway’s Handshake contains links to a wide variety of internship resources and opportunities across campus.
Here are some internship programs available to UCI students:
The UCDC Summer Internship Program offers non-academic internships in Washington, D.C., primarily during the summers; its interns are placed in a supervised program of work and study in business or government.
The Administrative Intern Program offers students internship experiences in campus offices. Students assume responsibilities and projects which allow them to assess and develop their potential leadership skills through actual work experience.
Top 5 Reasons to Get an Internship
1) Test drive different career options
2) Gain “real world” experience
3) Be competitive for jobs and graduate school
4) Build your professional network
5) Apply knowledge from coursework to the workplace