What is a Campuswide Honors Ambassador?
Campuswide Honors Ambassadors are a diverse group of students from various majors who represent the Campuswide Honors Collegium and interact with the larger community, providing a personal perspective on student life at UCI and in Campuswide Honors. They provide insightful information and answer questions to assist in the recruitment of prospective freshmen and transfer students. They highlight the unique opportunities and advantage of an honors education at UCI, raising the profile of Campuswide Honors with donors and in the larger community. Campuswide Honors Ambassadors also appear in Campuswide Honors and UCI presentations, publications, and media.
Campuswide Honors students must be members in good standing of the Campuswide Honors Collegium for at least two quarters in order to be eligible to apply to be a Campuswide Honors Ambassador.
Campuswide Honors Ambassadors are paid $14/hour.
Commitment Requirements and Responsibilities
Campuswide Honors Ambassadors must commit to 15 hours per quarter to Campuswide Honors Ambassador training, activities, and tasks.
- Training (mandatory)
- during Welcome Week (2 hours)
- in advance of major recruitment events (1-2 hours per training; 1-3 times a quarter)
- as needed
- Major Recruitment Events (all dates are mandatory)
- Preview Day, 3rd Saturday in October (tentative)
- Honors Experience Day, March 4, 2020 (tentative)
- Celebrate UCI, 3rd Saturday in April (tentative)
- Other Events
- Meetings with Prospective Students
- Meetings with Campus and Community Leaders
- Other events as scheduled
PPlease read the job description carefully below before filling out the google form application (https://forms.gle/m1bp1KYus4bSqFRp6). Applications are due by Sunday, May 2nd at 11:59 p.m.
Campuswide Honors Ambassador Job Description
Qualifications and skills desired to be a Campuswide Honors Ambassador
- A member in good standing of the Campuswide Honors Collegium, and during each quarter as an Ambassador
- Prior participation in the Campuswide Honors Collegium for at least two quarters
- Strong interest in representing Campuswide Honors and UCI proudly
- Interest in assisting prospective students and their families
- Strong communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to learn more about Campuswide Honors and UCI
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, on occasion
- Ability and desire to have a great time!
Possible Duties of Campuswide Honors Ambassadors
- Working recruitment and community events
- Assisting with tabling, mingling, or other tasks
- Participating in student panels
- Participating in presentations about Campuswide Honors
- Communicating with prospective students via email, social media, video, and phone
- Meeting with prospective students and their families who are visiting campus
- Assisting with the development of web-based and social media content
- Creating stories and videos for an audience of prospective students on life in the Campuswide Honors
- Participating in the CHC community by attending events such as Coffee Hour, advising workshops, community socials, etc.
- Participating in CHC Student Leaders training
- Joining Campuswide Honors recruitment visits
- Visiting your high school or community college to inform them about Campuswide Honors
How being a Campuswide Honors Ambassador can benefit you!
- Develop important skills: professional development, communication skills, public speaking, collaboration with others, leadership, customer service, networking
- Gain greater knowledge: about UCI and Campuswide Honors as well as your college experience
- Become a leader: Campuswide Honors leader and representative
- Engage in public service: serve Campuswide Honors and your university
- Build and strengthen your résumé: professional experience and career preparation