Suggested Format for Campuswide Honors Thesis
- Title page (title, centered; your name and the date, i.e., June, 1997), your faculty advisor’s name & department should be indicated in the lower section of the page)
- Acknowledgments (if you want to do this)
- Abstract (brief summary of the purpose, methods, and results of your
- Table of Contents (if appropriate)
Some students have also organized items 5-9 as chapters – discuss the appropriate format with your faculty advisor.
- Introduction/Overview/Hypothesis (outline of the topic/problem; what you set out to do and why; perhaps list some anticipated results)
- Background, literature review/previous research, definition of terms
- Methodology (i.e., methods & measures, model, subjects, instrumentation, variables, procedures)
- Results/findings/conclusion & discussion of same
- Tables, charts, appendices, pictures, surveys, etc.