Interested in applying to join the Campuswide Honors Program? See “How To Join The CHP” for application deadlines and requirements.*
The CHP is a highly selective academic program. Most students who are admitted to the CHP have GPAs higher than the minimum of 3.5 required for consideration. In addition, we are looking for a demonstrated passion for learning, a willingness to explore and take risks, and academic excellence in a broad range of disciplines, not just in the area of one’s major. All applicants must have also completed the UC Entry Level Writing Requirement. We recommend that you apply after you have completed at least one quarter of Humanities Core or Writing 39B and 39C for a letter grade.
*For transfer students only, please click on the “For Transfer Students” tab to the left for your requirements.
What courses are continuing students required to take?
Before applying, please go to The Campuswide Honors Program Curriculum to read more about the CHP curriculum and requirements.
Instructions for Completing the Application
- The Campuswide Honors Program is an academic program. Before applying, please read the description of the CHP Core Courses and research and thesis process here and consider whether the CHP is a good fit for your academic plans. If admitted, students must complete all required honors classes, in addition to research and thesis.
- Obtain the application form by visiting the Honors Office or download one from this website.
- Answer each question thoroughly, preferably in a paragraph-length response. In question 1, the CHP core courses refer to those that are part of the CHP course requirements and not honors sequences in general or organic chemistry, or one of the honors calculus courses, or those courses required by major-specific upper-division honors programs.
- Please submit a preliminary course plan to graduation along with your application, indicating how and when you propose to complete CHP requirements as well as major and General Education. For information about how to develop a course plan, please see Course Plan. A signature by a school advisor is not required on the preliminary course plan at this time.
- Return your application to the CHP Office, either by hand or by mail. Applications are accepted throughout the year.