There are two ways through which students may join Campuswide Honors:
- Freshman Selection Some entering freshmen are invited to Campuswide Honors while in their senior year in high school based on their UC Irvine Admissions Application. Students are selected by faculty in the UCI School of the student’s major. Invitation letters are sent in late February and are conditional upon the students’ acceptance by UCI Admissions and completion of the UC Entry Level Writing Requirement before students begin their coursework in the fall. See requirements for invited students here.
- By Application Current (continuing) students at UCI may apply to join Honors if they have completed one quarter or more as a full-time student (12 graded units), with a 3.5 GPA or higher. (Please note that students who are admitted to Honors often have GPAs higher than the minimum required for consideration.) All applicants must have also completed the UC Entry Level Writing Requirement. We recommend that you apply after you have completed at least one quarter of Humanities Core or Writing 39B and 39C for a letter grade.Applications may be picked up from the Honors office or you may download the application here. Please answer all essay questions thoroughly, and don’t forget to submit the required course plan! Please note that a signature by a school advisor is not required on the preliminary course plan at this time. (Select the For Current UCI Students menu option to the left for further information about filling out the application.) Students are expected to enroll in required honors core courses within one quarter of being admitted to the program.Application Deadlines
Please note that as of fall quarter 2019, the deadlines to submit applications will be changing.
- Applications will be due the Friday of week 2 of each quarter.
- Continuing UCI students may submit applications until the Friday of week 2 in winter quarter of their sophomore year.* See application instructions and requirements for current UCI students here.
- Transfer students may submit applications until the Friday of week 2 of winter quarter of their first year at UCI using their UCI transcript. Transfer students beginning their first quarter at UCI may also apply by Friday of week 2 of fall quarter using their community college transcript. See application instructions and requirements for transfer students here.
For further information click on the appropriate item on the menu to the left.