Thank you, transfer student, for your interest in the Campuswide Honors Program! Our program admits transfer students in two ways:
- Honors to Honors
Some entering transfer students are invited to the CHP as part of the UCI admissions process through a program called Honors to Honors. Honors to Honors is a partnership with a group of community colleges, where the community college honors director may nominate outstanding honors students applying to UCI for special consideration for selection for the CHP and for merit scholarships. A 3.7 GPA and successful completion of the community college honors program are required. (Please note that, once you have been admitted to UCI as an Honors to Honors student, your final community college transcript must reflect successful completion of the community college honors program and a 3.7 overall GPA in order to remain in the CHP and to retain the Regents’ Scholarship.) If admitted to UCI and these requirements are met, then no supplemental application for the CHP is required.
For more information on the CHP curriculum requirements for transfer students, visit honors.uci.edu/transfer.
For more information on Honors to Honors, click here to view the flyer.
For more information on transfer student resources at UCI, visit the Transfer Student Center website.
- By Application
Transfer students to UCI are encouraged to apply in the summer before entering UCI, or no later than the end of 5th week of Winter Quarter of their first year at UCI. All applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.5. (Please note that students who are admitted to the CHP often have GPAs higher than the minimum required for consideration.)
Instructions for Completing the Application for Transfer Students
- The Campuswide Honors Program is an academic program. Before applying, please read the transfer student requirements and the description of the CHP curriculum and consider whether the CHP is a good fit for your academic plans.
- Obtain the application form by visiting the Honors Office or download one from this website.
- Answer each question thoroughly, preferably in a paragraph-length response. In question 1, the CHP core courses refer to those that are part of the CHP course requirements and not honors sequences in general or organic chemistry, the honors calculus courses, or those courses required by major-specific upper-division honors programs.
- Please submit a preliminary course plan to graduation along with your application, indicating how and when you propose to complete CHP requirements as well as major requirements. For information about how to develop a course plan, please see http://honors.uci.edu/admissions/course-plan/. A signature by a school advisor is not required on the preliminary course plan at this time. Transfer students, if you are applying the summer before you enter UCI, please include transcripts from colleges other than UCI.
- Return your application to the CHP Office, either by hand or by mail. Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling, case-by-case basis.
As you answer the questions on the application, keep in mind that we are looking for a demonstrated passion for learning, a willingness to explore and take risks, and academic excellence in a broad range of disciplines, not just in the area of your major.
Complete the entire application and hand-deliver/mail to us with your community college/university transcript(s). The transcript can be unofficial, but must be complete and show final grades from all terms. The first question has two parts, the second of which asks which of the Honors Core Courses you propose to take. The CHP core courses available to upperclassmen are Social Science Core and the Idiom and Practice of Science.